Although the face of marriage in America has changed dramatically through the years. Nonethless, love still tops the reasons why couples get married. That is, if ever they decide to get married.
The Pew Research Center provided information that the trend of unmarried American adults cohabiting with their partner is currently on the rise. Pew gathered that In 2016, unmarried adults living together numbered as many as 18 million, a stark increase of 29% from the figure established in 2007. About half of those who simply moved in with their partners are below 35 years old. One interesting fact is that the other rising half of cohabiters in America are aged 50 years and above.
Apparently, in almost any group of generation today, whether Z, X, Millennial or Baby Boomers, most think that society no longer minds if couples are just living together or married. In a 2019 Pew Research involving the so-called Silent Generation, or people born between 1925 and 1942 who represent at least 20 million adult Americans, fifty-four (54%) also shared the belief living together without officially tying the knot does not make a difference in the present day society. Still, a sizable forty-one percent (41%) of this generation still think of cohabitation as a bad idea.
Now for those who do get married, a Pew 2013 Survey revealed several reasons why they decided to make their union legally binding.
Love still tops the list. The Pew Survey said that eighty-eight percent (88%) of Americans who responded, cited love as the foremost reason for getting married.
Commitment to a lifelong relationship was cited by eighty-one percent (81%) of the respondents.
Companionship is also a compelling reason for about seventy-six percent (76%) of Americans who decided to marry.
Other Reasons have been noted by a few, such as religion (30%), financial (28%) and legal rights and benefits (22%). Such reasons were interesting enough for Pew on which to conduct a survey.
Pew Research on Couples with Different Religion and Political Views
Even if love is still the main reason why people get married, Pew found out that a sizable number of couples got married even if they did not have the same religious beliefs.
According to a 2014 Pew Research about interfaith marriages, many were Christians who married a partner who do not belong to any religious affiliation. About thirty-nine percent (39%) who got married in 2010 settled down with a partner who has a different religion. When compared to those who wed in 1960, the figure reached only nineteen percent (19%). Suggesting that religion in modern American marriages is no longer as important as before.
Yet when it comes to political views, a 2016 Pew Research Survey revealed that seventy-seven (77%) of married or cohabiting Republicans and Democrats, settled or are living with a partner who supports the same political party as theirs.
Online counselling is counseling provided to individuals over the internet. The two counsellor and client should have access to your pc with an online connection. It may come in various forms but typically online counseling is offered via video links, voice and text messages in addition to chat rooms and message boards. It is important for the counselor’s website to have hosted pbx solutions for secure lines during one’s session. It is important for client’s privacy online as anyone can halk an unsecure connection. A lot of people will be comfortable with these types of communicating and a way of interacting has become a natural and effortless part of life. Online counselling can be provided in precisely the same manner as face-to-face counselling.
Is it secure?
It can be asserted it is dangerous, since counseling means that the counsellor remains invisible to the customer. That is the reason why it’s crucial that you have info regarding your counsellor. Assessing the qualifications, such as registration of a firm of your counsellor helps as you are able to confirm that the individual is in reality a counsellor rather than minding it. As it isn’t online counseling which may be harmful it’s the risk your counsellor is neither plausible nor ethical. There are disadvantages and benefits that are unique to counselling, which you want to think about before participating with an counsellor.
Benefits of online counseling
- You don’t need to stop by an office to find a counsellor. Counselling could be completed at security and the comfort of your home.
- Nobody need know you’re seeing a counsellor because it may be used in your convenience.
- It’s readily accessible.
- When using email or message board counseling, you may read and compose your messages in any moment, convenient to you. This gives the time to write a reaction that is well thought-out.
- You merely need to communicate with your counsellor; there isn’t any secretary or service worker to take care of.
- Many people today feel less inhibited having the ability to communicate on the internet, and consequently open up more. This could lead to a greater result.
- You’re in a position to return and examine messages or reread your mails at any moment. You can’t do this with counselling.
Cons of online counseling
- By supplying a space that’s personal and free the counsellor ensures privacy. With counseling, it’s all up to you to guard your privacy and limit disruptions.
- Unless net cameras are utilized, you won’t be able to understand your counsellor so non-verbal signs will probably be missing.
- Connection issues can make it hard for discussion sessions to work.When email is employed, other individuals could get into your messages, unless you put up an account which you know the password . As confidentiality could be broken.
- Additionally using email, messages might not be obtained or be forwarded on to someone else unintentionally.
- Using email and message board counseling, you’ll need to wait to be given a reply.